Frequently Asked Questions

  • Hong Kong
  • Macau
I am moving to a new home. Am I covered under my iHome Insurance Policy?

Subject to a few exceptions and a maximum limit, your Household Contents are covered under the Policy in the course of your household removal if this is done through the service of a professional remover.

However, please be aware that the Household Content items listed below are not covered

  • Money
  • Valuable property
  • Fragile items which are unsuitably packed
If my domestic helper causes damage to third party properties or injures a third party in an accident, am I covered under iHome Insurance Policy?

If the domestic helper causes third party property damage or a third party bodily injury while she is working for you and you are legally liable for her acts, this policy will cover you against the legal liability.

If the domestic helper causes the damage or the injury while she is acting for herself only, no cover for such damage or injury will be provided by this policy.

If a window frame falls from my flat, am I protected by my iHome Insurance Policy?

Firstly, it has to be determined whether the window frame is an original fixture or the insured’s own improvement and the coverage of the policy. iHome Insurance policy covers household improvement under home contents section. Household improvement refers to improvements and betterments to walls, windows, ceilings, floors or doors, which then cease to be the property’s original fixtures as purchased. Therefore, if the insured has made improvements to the original window frames, he/ she should make a claim under his/her home contents insurance.

By contrast, if there is no improvement or betterment made to the window frames, they will be regarded as part of the building structure and will only be covered by the building section which is an optional cover to iHome Insurance policy. If you have purchased the Building Section, the replacement cost of the window frame is covered by the Policy as long as the cause of its fall is not excluded by the Policy.

Customers are advised to consider taking out a home contents insurance with a building section as the optional cover in order to enjoy comprehensive coverage.

My home was broken into and I lost my expensive watches. Am I covered under my iHome Insurance Policy?

The Policy will pay for the lost watches up to a specified maximum value per watch as stated in the Policy.

This FAQ information is for reference only. For details of coverage, terms, conditions, and exclusions, please refer to the policy wording.