MSIG awarded Gold Certificate of Privacy-Friendly Awards 2021
We are honoured to be awarded the Gold Certificate at the inaugural Privacy-Friendly Awards 2021, organised by the Office of the Privacy Commissioner for Personal Data, Hong Kong. This award recognises the efforts made by organisations in protecting personal data privacy. Our work on the protection of personal data privacy has been highly commended by the Judging Panel.
69 out of the 100 award-winning organisations were awarded the Gold Certificate in the Privacy-Friendly Awards 2021. We have fulfilled all of the five “Privacy Protection Measures” to be entitled to the Gold Certificate, showing our strong commitment and achievement in personal data privacy protection. We have adopted a higher standard of ethical data governance to strengthen the protection of personal data privacy of stakeholders. Providing security is at the core of what we do, we not only protect the well-being of our customers but also their personal data in a strict manner.
Remarks: The five “Privacy Protection Measures” that needs to be fulfilled are:
- Have at least one Data Protection Officer or have established a dedicated department for data protection;
- Have discussed matters relating to personal data privacy at the board of directors or at the highest decision-making level in the organisation ;
- Have stated in public the maximum retention period of any kind of personal data held by it;
- Have put in place a data security breach notification mechanism and a written policy;
- Have provided training or education for staff on personal data privacy protection.