Gather supporting documents
To facilitate the processing of your claim, documentary evidence is very important.
Examples of documentary evidence:
- Repair quotation and receipt for the damaged
- Purchase receipt for insured property
- Photographs showing the extent of damage
- Guarantee/warranty cards
- Police report and statement
- Property management incident report
Submit to us within 30 days
Submit your completed claim form and all relevant documents within 30 days of the accident through the online platform or by post to:
MSIG Insurance (Hong Kong) Limited
9/F, Cityplaza One,
1111 King’s Road,
Taikoo Shing, Hong Kong
- Incomplete claim forms cannot be accepted for processing of claims.
- We may contact you for further information.
- It is important that a complete answer be given to every question. If insufficient space is provided for your answers, please continue on a separate sheet.
- For enquiries, please call our Claims Services Hotline at 852 - 2894 0660 or email [email protected]
- Find the source of water and stop it immediately.
- Move property away from water to minimise damage.
- Take photos of the scene and the affected items.
- Report the incident to the property management office.
- Evacuate from the building immediately. Do not take the lift.
- Dial 999.
- If the burglar is still in your house, avoid a confrontation. Find a safe hideout before you dial 999.
- Report all lost items to the police immediately.
- Call locksmiths for lock replacement.
- Do not throw away the damaged item or try to repair it.
- Take photos of the damaged item, clearly showing the damaged part(s).
- If possible, provide the purchase receipt of the damaged item.
- Call our Claims Services Hotline at 2894 0660 for advice.
- Report the loss/damage to the insurers if you have another policy covering the same loss.
- Obtain at least 2 quotations should repair or replacement work be required.
- Complete and submit the claim form to us within 30 days from the date of accident.
- Discard, remove or commence any repair works on the destroyed or damaged property before reporting the case to us.