Marine Cargo Insurance
Report the damage or loss through EASY Claims.
Upload a digital copy of relevant supporting documents and photos.
You can use “Save as Draft” to save your partially filled Claim Form in case you need further time to find the information and documents required.
Submit. You will receive an instant email acknowledgement and a tracking number for your registered claim.
Submit completed Claim Form and supporting documents through email or post.
We may request you to submit any of the original documents after our assessment to:
MSIG Insurance (Hong Kong) Limited
9/F 1111 King’s Road
Taikoo Shing, Hong Kong
Contact our nominated survey/settling agent to conduct a cargo inspection/investigation. Our settling agent will notify and assist us in processing the claim case accordingly.
Once the cargo is discovered damage upon its arrival at Hong Kong, please notify us about the cargo damage immediately and we shall then appoint a competent surveyor to conduct a cargo inspection.
Detail damage condition or exception on the cargo receipt and take remedial measures to prevent further loss or damage.
2.1 Report the cargo damage or loss to MSIG HK or our designated survey agent (which stated in policy) to conduct cargo inspection immediately.
Click here to file your claim online >
2.2 File a written notice of claim against the forwarders or the carriers to protect your rights of recovery as soon as damage or loss is discovered.
Notice of Claim (sample)
Basic documents for claim assessment:
- Original Certificate/Policy of Insurance
- Original shipping invoices, packing lists, weight notes etc.
- Original Bill of Lading and/or other contract of carriage involved during the voyage
- Survey report, cargo exception list or other documentary evidence showing the extent of loss or damage at time of receipt
- Correspondences exchanged with the carriers and other parties regarding their liability for the loss or damage
- Complete the claim form.
- Copy of Notice of Claim against carriers and/or other parties regarding their liability for the loss or damage.
Submit claim form and relevant documents within 30 days.
- If the loss is covered by the policy, the survey fee will be paid by us. Otherwise, the cargo owner will have to pay the survey fee.
- Incomplete claim forms cannot be accepted for processing of claims.
- We may contact you for further information.
- It is important that a complete answer be given to every question. If insufficient space is provided for your answers, please continue on a separate sheet.
- For enquiries, please call our Marine Claims Department Hotline at (852) 2894-0590 / (852) 2894-0502 or fill in the General enquiry form.